Douglas Coimbra de Andrade
– Brazilian Air Force lieutenant-engineer and aircraft weapons researcher of the Institute of Aeronautics and Space – IAE, under the General-Command of Aerospace Technology: 2005 to 2008
Main activities: Military activities, ballistic calculations and separation analysis, control and guidance of weapons, inertial systems.
– Instructor of Weapons Engineering Course: 2007
Main activities: Teaching Ballistics of Aircraft Weapons and Control and Guidance of Weapons
– PETROBRAS Equipments Engineer focused on technology development for construction and assembly of land pipelines: 2008 up to today.
Main activities: Development of new technologies for construction of land pipelines and adaptation to construction of existing technologies not specifically designed for land pipelines construction.
– Mechanics-aeronautics engineer – Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA – 2005)
– Aircraft Weapons Engineer – Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA – 2006)
– Equipments Engineer – Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (PETROBRAS – 2009)
– Portuguese – native
– English – advanced
– Spanish – advanced
– German – basic
Diplomas and Certificates
– Mechanics-Aeronautics engineer (ITA – 2005)
– CREA-SP award for being placed 1st at the Mechanics-Aeronautics Engineering Course (ITA), year 2005 (CREA-SP 2006)
– Honorable mention: department of physics (ITA – 2005)
– Honorable mention: department of mathematics (ITA – 2005)
– Honorable mention: department of organization (probability, statistics and operational research – ITA 2005)
– Course of Aircraft Weapons (ITA – 2006)
– Advanced Strapdown Analytics Course, Advanced Strapdown Analytics (inertial systems – ASA – 2007)
– Registered Software – McLabEn (INPI – 2009)
– Pipelines and distribution stations course (PETROBRAS – 2009)
– Minicourse: Pipeline welding (IBP – 2009)
– Minicourse: Pipeline compression systems – design and operation (IBP – 2009)
– Air Force Officers Preparation Course (CTA – 2001)
– Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (Cambridge – 2010)
– First Certificate in English (Cambridge – 1998)
– Express Master 4 English Certificate (Cultura Inglesa – 2010)
– Certificate of Spanish Language (CCAA – 2000)
– Various diplomas about operation, hardware and programming of computers (1994-1998)
– Various english certificates (1994-1998)
– ANDRADE, Douglas Coimbra de; MIZUTANI, Edmundo L. The 3D Mousing Interaction Technique.IEEE Visualization Contest 2010, held at IEEE Visualization 2010, Salt Lake City, USA. Video available here.
– IHA, Koshun; ROCCO, José Atilio Fritz Fidel; LIMA, José Eduardo Salgueiro; FRUTUOSO, Antonio Gonçalves; ANDRADE, Douglas Coimbra de; MURILLO, Sergio. O Poliuretano como Binder em Propelente Sólido. Anais da Associação Brasileira de Química, São Paulo. v. 51, n. 3, p. 88-92, 2002.
– ANDRADE, Douglas Coimbra de; BOTELHO, Marcos Antonio. Estudo de Aspectos Essenciais dos Sistemas Dinâmicos Discretos por Meio de Ferramentas Computacionais. VII Encontro de Iniciação Científica da Universidade de Taubaté – 2002.
– ANDRADE, Douglas Coimbra de; GERMANO, José Silverio Edmundo. Visualizador 3D para Aplicações no Ensino de Ciências Básicas. IX Encontro de Iniciação Científica e Pós-Graduação do ITA – 2003.
– ANDRADE, Douglas; ADADE, Alberto Filho. Identificação Paramétrica de Sistemas Dinâmicos. Trabalho de Graduação. ITA – 2005. (Best Mechanics-Aeronautics thesis of year 2005 –http://www.pro-grad.ita.br/laurea_lacaz_netto.php)
Areas of Interest
– Development and management of projects concerning mechanical technology, mechatronics and computational mathematics
– Parallel processing and application acceleration by using OpenCL
– Tridimensional OpenGL technology use for professional and education purposes
– Computer vision, automatic control, guidance and system identification