This section talks about Lab3D basic commands.
Please notice that Lab3D is not a CAD/CAM/3D modelling software.
Lab3D is a 3D laboratory for experimenting with 3D equations and models.
Watch the video tutorial about Lab3D basics:
1. Loading and manipulating models
1.1 Loading models
To load models, go to menu File -> Load or click Load 3D button
You can load Lab3D models, Lab3D Simulation files, .OBJ and .DXF files.
1.2 Moving the camera
1.2.1 Moving with the mouse
To move the camera around, just click the main screen and drag the mouse. There are two possible commands: camera rotation and camera translation.
– To select camera rotation click button Rotate camera;
– To select camera translation click button Translate camera;
– Click inside the main screen area and drag the mouse.
To zoom in and out, use the mouse wheel.
1.2.2 Navigating with the keyboard
It is possible to navigate the scene using the keyboard. The keys W, A, S and D translate the camera and numpad keys 6, 8, 4 and 2 rotate the point the camera is looking at.
1.2.3 Navigating with fly
You can also navigate the model using the fly command.
– To start or stop flying press Ctrl-F or click Fly button;
– Press Ctrl+Up/Ctrl+Down to speed up/slow down fly speed.
1.2.4 Animating models
If the loaded model is a dynamic Lab3D model or a Lab3D simulation, you can animate the model using the Animation controls:
1.3 Moving the models
To move the 3D models in the scene, you need to choose the type of movement, RIGHT-CLICK the main screen and drag the mouse.
2. Managing 3D models
When a 3D model is added to the scene it is shown in the Models List.
From there you can:
– Delete a 3D model by selecting it and clicking Delete model button;
– Select model color if the model is not colored with equations;
– Select desired render style (solid, wireframe, points);
– Select model transparency if model is not colored with equations.
3. Screen properties
You can use the view menu to toggle Fullscreen mode and to set background color.